Thursday, March 22, 2012

Shamrock Run-My 1st 5K

My Co-worker Lori getting me motivated before the race
This past Sunday, I ran/walked my 1st 5k. My sister Bree ,Step-Mom Darci her friend Michelle along with some of my friends and co-workers signed up to do it with me. I trained for a couple of weeks but wasn't sure what to expect. Let's just say i needed to train longer. My dad and his wife came up saturday night . We went to dinner and they entertained the kids for a couple of hours. Sunday morning Bree came to my house and we drove together and caught the MAX downtown. It was Bree's first time downtown and on the MAX I think she enjoyed it. There was so many people all dressed alike so I was unable to find anyone else on my team. Bree and I started together then she left me in the dust under the bridge with some homeless people but who cares she was obvisouly worried about her time. Overall it was a great time and felt like I accomplished something. I am looking for my next 5k run may one with alot less people and to next year's shamrock run.
Bree & I on the Max
Michelle, Darci, Me & Bree
Me, My dad & Bree

1 comment:

Breeann Vanderhoff said...

Turkey! Yes I was so worried about my time. And no that was not my first time riding the MAX it had just been awhile. I can't remember the last time. :)