Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Parker's 1st Day of Kindergarten

 
Parker started school today, it was a tough morning for us girls. Parker woke up early excited to start the day. Preslie walked around crying all morning not wanting him to leave. She cried all the way to his classroom and even more when we had to leave and she couldn't stay and sit next to him. I finally talked her into a hot chocolate and mommy and Preslie time and we were off. As soon as she stopped crying I started the doors to the school shut and I lost it. Preslie helped me stop by asking "mommy why is there water all over your face" We ran some errands and came home and every five minutes Preslie kept asking when is it time to get Bubba. While waiting for Parker to get out of class miss found the Helen Baller Bear and got a cute picture with the bear. After school Tami meet us and treated us all to Taco Bell. We came home and took a nap then enjoyed the evening as a family talking about his first day. We appreciate all the calls from family who called to chat with him about it, we are truley lucky to have so many people who care!
 







 
Miss with the Helen Baller Bear

 This is the 1st day of kindergarten survival kit he got from his teacher



Lunch at Taco Bell with Tami

 

I found this letter and it pretty much sums up how I felt today:

I wonder what you're doing right now, And if everyone is treating you kind. I hope there is a special person, A nice friend that you can find.

I wonder if the teacher knows just how special you are to me. And if the
brightness of your heart is something she can see.

I wonder if you are thinking about me and if you need a hug. I already miss the sound of your voice and how you give my leg a tug.

I wonder if you could possibly understand how hard it is for me to let you grow. On this day know that my heart breaks. For this is the first step in letting my baby go.

No comments: